Going to the office is no longer necessary. Thanks to the internet and video conferencing software, you can easily meet with colleagues and tackle projects from the comfort of your own home. Video conferencing software offers plenty of features that make communicating convenient and effective. Whether you need to host a meeting with 10 or 1,000 people, there’s a software to meet your needs. Search online to compare the different softwares available.
Users can choose to use free video conferencing software or paid versions that offer more features. To find a plan that works for you, start an online search to see what’s out there.
Here are five of the best video conferencing software programs.
1. Microsoft Teams
- Service can host meetings from two to 10,000 people.
- Schedule meetings, customize backgrounds, and screen share.
- Host meetings for up to 24 hour durations.
- Requires one year commitment when signing up.
There are four tiers to sign up for with Microsoft Teams.¹ The free version allows users to do basic online meetings and video calls. The maximum meeting duration is one hour and you’re able to have up to 100 participants.
There are also paid subscriptions that provide access to more features, such as recorded meetings, longer meetings, and increased participants. Each plan is an annual commitment and costs the following:
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic: $5 per user/month
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard: $12.50 per user/month
- Office 365 E3: $20 per user/month.
- Unlimited meetings for all subscription levels.
- Choose between monthly or annual subscriptions.
- Phone support available 24/7.
- No polls or quizzes.
- Webinars require an add-on.²
Enjoy unlimited meetings without time limits using GoToMeeting. This video conferencing service offers many useful features, such as transcription, note taking, drawing tools, and unlimited cloud recording.
There are three tiers of subscriptions allowing you to host meetings with up to 150, 250, or 3,000 participants.³ Users can sign up for either a monthly or annual online meeting plan. Here’s a breakdown of the three options:
- Professional: Costs $14 monthly or $7.20 per month when billed annually.
- Business: Costs $19 monthly or $9.60 per month when billed annually.
- Enterprise: Contact sales to get a quote with custom rates.
3. Zoom Meetings
- Join meetings on any device.
- HD video and audio.
- Communicate instantly via Zoom Chat.
- Advanced security disables some features.⁴
With over 300 million daily meeting participants, Zoom has become a popular go-to for video conferencing.⁵ The service is free to sign up for. This means you can join and host a meeting for free, with limitations.
Host up to 100 participants for free or opt for a larger plan that allows up to 500 or 1,000 participants. You can pay for a subscription to access more perks that allow a higher number of participants, longer meeting durations, and other helpful add-ons.
Zoom has different plans for meetings, phoning, video webinars, and other purposes. The following three plans are for Zoom Meetings users:⁶
- Basic: Free. Good for personal meetings.
- Pro: $149.90 per year. Ideal for small teams.
- Business: $199.90 per year. Ideal for small and medium-sized business.
4. Glip by RingCentral
- Host up to 100 participants for free.
- Integration with G Suite, Microsoft 365, and Slack.⁷
- No end-to-end encryption.
- More expensive than some other video conferencing services.
Over 400,000 companies around the world use Glip by RingCentral. The free version provides more than enough service with 24 hour meeting duration, unlimited meetings, instant join-in browser, and no credit card required.
There is also Pro+ plan that offers more features. This includes cloud recording, virtual backgrounds, closed captioning, app integrations, and so much more. You can sign up for either a monthly or annual plan. The monthly plan will cost $14.99 per month, while it will cost $11.99 per month on the annual plan.⁸
5. Google Meet
- Meet on any device.
- Free to use.
- Invite up to 100 participants.
- Google-centric setup might not be for everyone.
- Allows less participants than other platforms.⁹
If you have a Gmail account, then you can easily use Google Meet for your next work meeting. This video conferencing system is free to use. A basic account gives you unlimited meetings, maximum of 100 participants, and up to 24 hour meeting durations for one-on-one meetings.
There’s also two paid versions of Google Meet that offer more features. This includes unlimited meeting durations for group calls, up to 150 or 250 participants, and intelligent noise cancellation. The two paid versions cost: ¹⁰
- Google Workplace Essentials: $8 per active user/month.
- Google Workspace Enterprise: Contact sales for pricing.
Search Online for More Video Conferencing Software
If you’re a student, employee, or just want to chat with friends and family, video conferencing software can make that happen. These user-friendly services allow you to meet with as many people as you need, both easily and affordably.
To find a software that will best meet your needs, start a search online. You can compare all the rates, features, and overall effectiveness before deciding on a platform. Plus, make sure to look into the free version for each to see if it’s suitable for your everyday needs.